A video released by a media arm of the Islamic State group (ISIS) purportedly showed the aftermath of a Russian airstrike on Raqqa, the de-facto capital of the extremist group.
The video, released by the pro-Islamic State Aamaq News Agency, claims to show bodies of victims being carried out of burning buildings after an attack on Saturday.
Activists say dozens of civilians have been killed in the Russian air campaign in Syria, which Moscow says is aimed at crushing the Islamic State group and other Islamic militants.
Eiffel Tower lit up in blue, white and red to honour Paris attack victims
Photo essay: Celebrating life and brotherhood following Paris attacks
‘We are all in the same boat’ says French-born Muslim after two sisters gunned down by ISIS attack
READ MORE: ‘We are all in the same boat’ says French-born Muslim after two sisters gunned down by ISIS attack
But the month-old Russian bombardment has killed more civilians than it has ISIS militants, according to the main activist group tracking the conflict, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
The Observatory said it has so far confirmed 185 civilians killed in Russian strikes the past month – including 46 women and 48 children – while the toll among IS fighters was 131.
The heaviest toll came among Syrian rebels not connected to ISIS, with 279 dead, the group said.
WATCH: The war in Syria: Who’s involved and why
The Russians have flatly dismissed all claims of civilian casualties or damage, saying they use various intelligence sources to plan each strike to make sure there is no collateral damage.
©2015The Associated Press